Sunday, May 3, 2009

Please help send Jen out to serve our Lord!

Hello Friends and Family!

I am writing to you on behalf of a dear friend of mine, Jen. Jen is leaving in a few months to serve in the missions field for the next 2 years. As you all know it takes a lot of spiritual and financial support to make this happen. As she nears the end of her time stateside she still has a LOT of funds to raise. Would you please prayerfully consider supporting her either spiritually or financially? I have her support sign up sheet and a detailed budget showing you where the money is going. Please let me know if you are interested and I can email you these forms! Any and all amounts are appreciated as they add up before you know it! Below is a letter from Jen sharing her heart for missions.


I hope this letter finds you well! This year has gone by fast, and amazing things have been happening in my life that I am excited to share with you all!
As most of you know, I have been working on my Creative Writing Certificate from Cal State San Bernardino. English and creative writing have been a passion of mine, and a field that I’ve been blessed to work in before.
Even though I finished my Bachelor’s in English last June, I really felt that this certificate would bring my skills up to the next level. In doing so, I have been using my passions and talents to help my community through Sandals Church in Riverside. I have been given the opportunity to minister to local shelters, facilitate Sunday School classrooms, and edit “The Wire,” our newsletter for local and global outreach. Sandals has given me opportunity to serve others while giving back to the community through deeds and work.
Even though I have made wonderful friendships and have really started to feel at home here in Riverside, God started calling me to break out of this comfort zone to work and serve overseas. In prayer for finding out which path I needed to follow after completing my degree, I was contacted by Pacific Islands Bible College (PIBC), a fully accredited four-year college and graduate-level seminary servicing four islands of Micronesia, including Guam.
After much prayer and consideration, I accepted a 2-year position as an English Instructor at PIBC. I will be working closely with the English department to facilitate tutoring, instruct introductory courses, and open a writing and resource center. Also, as a member of the Sandals’ global family, I will be supported further in my own spiritual needs. The tasks ahead will be nothing short of exhausting, but it is with God’s grace and strength that I will be able to take part in serving through my field of expertise.
With much technical support, I am now in need of spiritual and financial assistance. In order to keep the cost of attendance low and education accessible at PIBC, the university staff is funded by support from friends, family, and organizations.
In the past and coming months, my church, small group, and close friends have been and continue to be so helpful in planning fundraisers to help raise support. However, as the departure date draws near, I am still in need of financial assistance. Any amount that you could give would be a huge blessing to this ministry. It’s imperative that my income from sponsorship be approximately $1,600 per month, with over $8,000 to start out on. All donations collected will offset the cost of living expenses and provisions at a modest minimum wage level for the full-time PIBC position.
I am so excited to be able to work in an area that I’m passionate about while providing spiritual support for others. I fully believe that love is best shown through being the hands and feet of God, and because of this, I cannot wait to dedicate my time and talents to Micronesia. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

Love always,

Jennifer Rydzik

1 comment:

Jen said...

Angie THANK YOU sooo much!!!!! Thanks for your prayers and support. I am really struggling with this but know God is working in so many ways. Thank you for your love and support-