Saturday, April 3, 2010

BOY Scouts

It is called that for a reason. It is full of Check Spellingboys, led by boys, to teach and encourage boys.....

So why did I think it would be OK for me to "tag" along today while the boys helped out a fellow scout on his Eagle project? This was our first time to help with an Eagle Project and it happened to be my favorite outside activity, yard work. When the fliers came home I thought, oh this will be a fun thing for our family to do together while helping someone else out. And it was. But I was the only female there till the end. I helped, I cut down little trees, pulled weeds, helped the boys learn to use a drill to screw wood planks to the foot bridge. But when all is said and done, I kinda felt out of place. Moving forward, I will leave this fun family time to Mark and the boys. I will resist the urge to want to go along. I must remember that the boys are getting older and more independent and that I don't need to be with them all the time. This will be great stuff for Mark and the boys to build their relationship on.

I need to adopt a little girl! Or learn to enjoy the free time while the men in my life are out doing "boy" stuff.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Angie I love your enthusiasm...and I think both adopting a baby girl and enjoying your quiet time are great ideas :)