Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Is this what they call a "storm'

You hear people say all the time you are at the top of the hill but wait till you are in the valley. OR

You just wait till the storm hits, this is just a drizzle....
OR

When it rains, it pours...

I could try and think of more analogies like this but I think you get the idea.

Anyways, I think we may be in the middle of a storm, to the world's view. But to God's view, I think this is just a continuation on the Faith lesson he has me on.

Here are the issues we are dealing with that make me feel like I am in a storm:
1. Our renters are moving out of our rental in CA.
2. We found two water leaks in our house here in TX.
3. Had the chimney guy out yesterday, he said the fire place cover thingy is too small and water is coming down, hence the leak #1. Cost $200 to custom make a cover.
4. The other leak is outside the house on the slab where the wall meets it from our master bathroom. Yes that's right, that means we have to demo the bathroom and see where the water is leaking from, repair it, and then redo the bathroom. Yes the WHOLE bathroom is tile, so that means I have a lot of work to do and a lot money to cough up for new tile!
5. Our AC is leaking and soaked the carpet last year. We turned it off, but it needs to be fixed. Call and got a repair guy to come out tomorrow afternoon. BUT church family, Wayne, is coming to see if he can fix it first so we can save some money!!
6. Rental Management company called me a bit ago to tell me the renters say there is a water leak under the dish washer in the house. aaaaahhhhhhh!!
7. Praying nonstop (well almost) for missions trip financial support money to start coming in.

There is the short list for now! Here is the funny thing. I am not stressing over all this. I mean I think about it, and I make the calls to get it all taken care of. But I am at peace with all these issues happening all at the same time. I know that God will take care of the details. I know that he will provide the money to get this all taken care. And I know that he has good plans for me, us, our family. Plans to prosper us, not to harm us. I can rest in knowing this!

1 comment:

Tracy Chelette said...

Keep your head up. God is good all the time. He'll get you through this drizzle/storm! Praying for you friend!