Thursday, March 25, 2010

God clearly said "Go!"

And go I will!

Dear Family and Friends,

I remember my last missions trip to Kenya like it was yesterday, even though it was over three years ago! Many families were blessed beyond measure during that trip. The Gospel was shared, lives were given to Jesus, hearts were changed, medical outreaches occurred in the “bush” and many other great things happened, all to give glory to God!

My heart has longed to go on another trip and continue the good work of sharing the gospel and loving on others in whatever ways possible, but I heard God say “be still” and so I have been obedient “being still!”

After being still for 3 years, focusing on other areas of life, and much prayer, God has said, “Go!”

Our church Calvary Chapel Texarkana with Pastor Craig Rose, has been invited to visit Calvary Chapel Merida, Mexico for a special week of training teachers, church members, and children on the topic of Creation vs. Evolution based on the teachings of the Bible. We will be leading classes teaching this very basic, very important subject for the majority of the time. A VBS style teaching will be held for the children of the church and surrounding community.

The details are being worked out and that leaves me with two tasks to complete! The 1st would be a team to focus on prayer covering during the trip and the 2nd is raising the amount I need to cover the expenses J

Roundtrip airfare is $395.00

Food is estimated at $25.00/day X 8 days $200.00

We will be staying with church families J so no hotel cost!!

Travel within the Merida area $50.00

Incidentals $100.00

Estimated total $750.00

More than financial assistance, the team and I will need A LOT of prayer covering!!

Would you please pray about what your role in supporting me might look like? Our trip is from June 11th thru June 19th. I do need to have raised the amount of $750 by April 20, 2010. I know the Lord said “Go” and go I will! With His clear directions to me, I know He will raise the funds to see glory given to His name!

If you would like to be a part of my prayer covering team please email me @ afunches@cableone.net

If you are able to be a part of my financial support team, please see the attached sheet for all the details.

Thank you so much!

Angie Funches

No comments: