Sunday, July 20, 2008

Church #3



Today we went to Calvary Chapel of Texarkana for church worship. We spent an hour last night on line learning about this church. We were very excited about what God in store for us today. When we got there, everyone was looking at us because they knew we were the "newbies." What shocked us was that they only looked at us for 5 seconds before they are started coming up to us and introducing themselves and asking us who what where when and why!! We felt loved and welcome! We met every person that walked through the doors. Guess how many people that was? 30!!! There are only 30 members to this small church. I cant believe how awesome these people were and how young the pastor was. He reminded Mark and I of Pastor Matt immediately. When church was over, we got in the car and instantly Marcus asked so do you like this church better that the others?? We told him that we feel like God can use us in many ways in the small growing church and that we can have many ways of serving God and his church. We agreed that as a family this was the best church for us so far. We are supposed to go to another church next week, but I am feeling that we don't need to. I feel like this is the place the Lord wants us. The best thing is that I felt like I was in small group. You know that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you walk into small group and you feel surrounded by those that know and love you? That is how I felt this morning. I have not had that feeling since my last small group time and I really have been missing that. At least 8 people we met are from California and either went to Harvest or CC of Cost Mesa. So we feel like we are with friends from home, in a way. Anyway here are two pics of the building. They rent a space in a commercial building and have done an amazing job inside of making it feel like a church. I am excited!!

Oh! they dress like we do at Sandals! Even the pastor! LOL

8 comments:

Marsamifw said...

Way cool... God takes care of us all. How wonderful that you have found a place to be happy. Hugs, Mom

Jen said...

Oh my gosh!! I am soo excited for you guys. I know one of my requirements is that the pastor would HAVE to look like pastor Matt LOL- ok, but maybe that's just me. Don't you love that Southern Hospitality? Maybe you and the fam can help challenge the church "to be real" OR- with your talents, you could eventually start a small group! I wonder if they have those. Oh, so many questions.... But...I am really happy for you guys :)

Unknown said...

That is great to hear!! Sounds like nyou guys found a good church!

NicoleC said...

Glad you found a church home. Sounds like a dream. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.

Melissa said...

Ditto everything that Jen said!
M only question though - did it feel wierd walking into that building? It just doesnt seem like it would feel like a church, ya know?

Angie Funches said...

funny enough! They made three rooms and a hall way out of the tiny space. Two rooms for King's Kids and the main area for adult worship. Yes it feels like a church. I was suprised too. They have nice chairs, a podeum, cross and flowers. They even had a monitor and screen for the worship and lesson.... God is providing for this little church.

April said...

Yah! I'm excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome!! What happen to Church on a Rock? Was is too far?