Friday, October 10, 2008

To actually do what I desire to do...my goal

Heritage Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is looking for volunteers to dedicate about an hour a week to residents by calling bingo, helping with arts & crafts, painting fingernails, etc. If you would like to be a part of the family, please contact Roxanne Miller, Life Enrichment Coordinator, at 903-792-6700.

So I always said that I wanted to volunteer to help others, yet I have not done anything to pursue it. I rescue a dog, say I want to vol there, and never do. I seem to say that over and over to myself. It is something I really want to do but seem to let one of my my core sins, laziness, get in the way. Well I need to get off my sitting muscle and get to work for God's glory. The great news? I get to choose where to work at. In Texarkana, there is this awesome website www.texarkanavolenteercenter.org that lists TONS of places that need helpers. I called and made an appointment to speak with the coordinator at the place I listed above. Please pray there will be a match with their needs and my desires. If not, please pray that God would show me where He wants me. I really should be taking advantage of the fact that God is allowing me this "free" time with income to serve Him and show His love to others, and not be lazy. Can I get an AMEN?

No comments: